Car Accidents in Ross Township, Ohio
With a population of more than 8,000, Ohio’s Ross Township sees a countless number of car accidents each year. While many of these accidents are minor and leave victims facing cuts, lacerations, and other less serious injuries, some of these accidents are catastrophic and result in life-changing injuries and even fatalities. While drivers should do whatever possible to avoid ending up in an accident, sometimes it is impossible to prevent one.
Common Ways Accidents Occur in Ross Township
Car accidents in Ross Township are caused by numerous factors, such as:
- Distracted driving. Ohio, as well as the rest of the country, has seen a record number of car accidents over the last decade. One reason behind this rise in accidents is that many drivers are more distracted than ever. Some of the factors that can take motorist’s attention off the road include texting, eating and drinking, talking to vehicle occupants, and performing various other activities while operating a motor vehicle.
- Drunk driving. The Ohio State Highway Patrol reports that there were more than 400 deadly accidents involving drivers under the influence in 2017. What makes drunk driving accidents particularly tragic is that these accidents are entirely avoidable.
- Reckless driving. Ohio motorists must remember that what they do on the road can endanger the lives of others. When motorists fail to obey traffic regulations, suddenly swerve, or drive in any other type of reckless pattern, there is a great risk of accidents occurring.
Wherever you are headed to in Ross Township, be aware that there are various situations that can arise suddenly and end up changing your life. Ross Township, as well as the rest of Ohio, also sees adverse weather conditions, especially in the winter, which can make it difficult to safely drive on our roads.
Damages by Ross Township Car Accidents
When accidents occur in Ross Township, they can leave accident victims suddenly facing various complications, which include:
- Enjoyment of life. One of the most overlooked aspects of car accidents is that they can prevent victims from enjoying their basic, daily activities.
- Lost work. Serious injuries can leave car accidents victims unable to work, either temporarily or permanently.
- Well-being. The most serious car accidents leave victims needing long term medical care, surgery, and other associated costs.
No matter if you work in healthcare, manufacturing, retail, or any other industry in Ross Township, remember that after an accident you have the right to pursue compensation for your damages.
The Danger of Hit and Run Accidents
When hit and run accidents occur in Ohio, the results are often devastating. To make matters worse, hit and run accidents in Ohio are on the rise. While there were 39 hit and run accidents in Ohio in 2012, there were 57 hit and run accidents in 2016. If you are the victim of a hit and run accident in Ross Township or any other part of Ohio, you should remember that you have rights as a victim.
How to Respond After a Ross Township Accident
If you are involved in a Ross township car accident, there are some critical steps that you should remember to follow, which include:
- Contact emergency services as soon as possible after the accident. This way medical professionals can evaluate anyone who might have been injured and law enforcement can create an accident report.
- If the accident occurred in a location that presents a risk of being struck again by nearby traffic, move to a safer location. There are countless stories of Ohio car accidents that have led to secondary collisions because the accident occurred in a heavily traveled spot.
- Following car accidents, most people are in a state of shock. As a result, you might not be immediately aware of your injuries. It is a good idea to receive a medical evaluation even if you do not believe that you were injured.
- Gather as much evidence as possible about how the accident occurred.
- Avoid admitting fault to anyone. An investigation will determine how the accident occurred and admitting fault right now could greatly jeopardize the outcome of your personal injury case.
Speak with an Experienced Ross Township Car Accident Attorney
Ross Township is a wonderful place to live, but it still sees many car accidents each year. If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident in the township or any other part of Ohio, contact Kruger & Hodges today to schedule a free case evaluation