Case Illustration of Injury Claim in Sabina, OH
Suppose one spring day you are riding your bicycle on Washington Street, headed to the Autumn Years Nursing Center to visit your grandmother. One moment you are cycling along, enjoying the nice weather, the next you are flying over the handlebars of your bicycle after being struck from behind by a careless driver. The next thing you remember, you are waking up in the Clinton Memorial Hospital with serious injuries. Your injuries prevent you from returning to work, so you are unable to pay your normal monthly expenses. You are facing an avalanche of medical expenses, and months of medical procedures and rehabilitative therapies.
It’s easy to feel hopeless and overwhelmed at this point. After all, you were doing nothing wrong, yet here you are, injured and facing a seemingly endless stream of accident-related expenses. The at-fault driver’s insurer may have contacted you, offering you a quick settlement—one that will not begin to cover your damages. If there was ever a time in your life when you need a strong advocate, this is definitely that time. The Kruger & Hodges personal injury lawyers in Sabina, OH have extensive experience helping people just like you who find themselves in untenable situations. From the moment we take your case, we will begin building a strong legal strategy on your behalf, fighting for the best possible outcome in your personal injury case.
Types of Personal Injuries Handled by Kruger & Hodges
At Kruger & Hodges, our personal injury lawyers in Sabina, OH handle a wide variety of personal injury claims in a professional, knowledgeable manner. These include:
- Car Accidents—According to Forbes, there were 35,766 fatal car accidents in 2020 in the United States. Injuries resulted from 1,593,390 car accidents during the same year, for a total of 5,250,837 auto accidents. Some of these injuries were minor, while others were serious—even life-altering. While minor injuries stemming from car accidents include cuts, abrasions, and broken bones, more severe injuries include traumatic brain injury, neck and back injuries, spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, amputation of limbs, internal bleeding, internal organ damage, and disfiguring cuts and burns.
- Truck Accidents often result in death or severe injury to those in smaller passenger vehicles. A fully loaded truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, while a passenger vehicle weighs around 3,000 pounds. Truck accidents absolutely require the services of an experienced personal injury attorney because there is often more than one liable party. The truck driver could be responsible for the accident if he or she was distracted, impaired, overly fatigued, or driving irresponsibly or recklessly. The trucking company that employed the driver could be liable if it failed to do a thorough background check on the driver, failed to ensure the driver was properly trained or turned a blind eye to a driver who consistently exceeded his or her allowable hours behind the wheel. If the accident was the result of improperly loaded cargo, the loading company could be held liable, while if the accident was the result of poorly maintained brakes or tires, the maintenance company could be held liable. If the accident was the result of a defective truck part, the manufacturer could be partially responsible. Your truck accident attorney will know how to identify the liable parties and hold them responsible.
- Motorcycle Accidents—Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable when hit by a vehicle. The motorcyclist has no protection, other than a helmet when worn, and possibly leather chaps to help prevent road rash. Motorcyclists also face a certain stigma when their case goes to court. Jurors may immediately assume the motorcyclist was at fault thanks to stereotypes of bikers that peg them as reckless daredevils. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to combat these stereotypes and show that the motorcyclist was injured through the carelessness or recklessness of a driver, thus securing a fair settlement.
- Dog Bites and Attacks—The state of Ohio is a strict liability state. This means that the owner of a dog that attacks or bites another person is liable for the resulting injuries. While some states have a “one bite rule,” that essentially gives a dog one bite for “free,” Ohio is not like this. Whether the owner knew the dog might bite is not important—if the dog bites, the owner is responsible unless the victim was deliberately teasing the dog.
- Drunk Driving Accident Victims—If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, you need immediate assistance from experienced personal injury lawyers in Sabina, OH. Through no fault of your own, you may be facing severe injuries that will alter the rest of your life. There may be a criminal case against the driver, as well as your civil case for damages. Ohio ranks at number 35 for the most drunk drivers. In the state of Ohio, for every 100,000 licensed drivers, 149.66 have received a DUI, known as an OVI in Ohio. Regarding traffic deaths, 36.4 percent of all Ohio traffic deaths were the result of a drunk driver in 2020.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents—Like motorcyclists, pedestrians and bicyclists are extremely vulnerable when hit by a vehicle. While bicyclists may possibly be wearing a helmet, pedestrians have absolutely no protection at all. A bicyclist or pedestrian can be thrown through the air, landing on a hard surface and sustaining severe injuries including traumatic brain injury, spinal injuries, amputated limbs, and serious internal injuries.
How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Lawyer for Me
When you are involved in an accident caused by the negligence of another, it can feel as though your entire world is collapsing. While it is true that life as you know it may never be the same, having a trusted advocate by your side who can help you navigate this new path can make all the difference. As you focus on your recovery and rebuilding your life, you need the knowledgeable Kruger & Hodges personal injury lawyers in Sabina, OH to handle the legalities and have your back at every turn. At Kruger & Hodges, we understand that there are many law firms you could choose following your accident.
We strongly believe that once you’ve spoken to one of our highly experienced attorneys, the choice will be clear. It can be difficult to choose an attorney you trust when your life fails to go as planned and the worst-case scenario becomes a reality. At Kruger & Hodges, we truly care about your health and your future and will use every resource at our disposal to ensure you get the medical treatments you need and a financial settlement that fully covers your damages.
How Kruger & Hodges Can Help
Choosing the Kruger & Hodges personal injury lawyers in Sabina, OH can truly make a difference in the outcome of your accident claim. We have built an experienced, compassionate law practice dedicated to pursuing justice for our Sabina, OH neighbors, and other surrounding areas. We believe that having an accessible attorney who answers when you call, takes your questions seriously, and really listens to you is vitally important. To learn more about our highly skilled personal injury lawyers, contact Kruger & Hodges today!