Liberty Township Personal Injury Attorney
Liberty Township is the smallest of the 13 townships in Butler County, but it is still home to various companies and organizations. While many people visit these locations daily without incident, accidents are also known to occur. The Centers for Disease Control reports that in 2017, accidents were the third most common cause of death in Ohio. This equated to 8,971 deaths. An even larger number of people were seriously injured in accidents that occurred in Ohio.
One of the best steps that people can take to protect themselves from personal injury accidents in Ohio is to understand the nature of how these events occur.
Experience with Various Ohio Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury accidents occur in various ways, and our lawyers have experience helping victims of many of them. Regardless of the cause or severity of resulting injuries, it is common for personal injury victims to face extreme hardships. Some of the most devastating accidents that our lawyers encounter include:
- Car accidents. Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most devastating causes of injuries in Ohio. Car accidents range from rollovers to rear-end collisions, and victims are often left with large medical bills, life-changing injuries, and psychological harm from the resulting trauma.
- Dog bite injuries. The owners of dogs in Ohio have a legal duty to protect the public from being harmed by their animals. If a dog bites someone, the owner can be held liable through the state’s dog bite injury statute.
- Medical malpractice lawsuits. While we put faith in medical professionals and medical facilities that they will provide us with the greatest degree of care possible, this is not always the case. When medical negligence results in injury, it may be necessary to pursue a medical malpractice claim. Some of the most common types of medical malpractice include misdiagnosis and surgical mistakes.
- Motorcycle collisions. Motorcyclists lack the degree of protection that motorists do. This means that when accidents occur, motorcyclists are at elevated risk of being seriously injured.
- Slip and fall accidents. We expect property owners to keep their premises safe to reduce the risk of injury to others. Unfortunately, things like inadequate lighting and uneven surfaces can lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Trucking accidents. Large commercial vehicle operators have a duty to drive their vehicles in conformance with state and federal regulations. Unfortunately, many truck accidents occur in Ohio each year.
- Wrongful death claims. If a loved one was killed as the result of another party’s negligence, it is possible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. Although no amount will ever make up for the loss of a loved one, this compensation can help to pay for the various damages that survivors must endure.
Injuries Commonly Caused by Accidents in Liberty Township
Data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that approximately 40 million individuals each year in the United States end up in emergency rooms due to personal injuries. Some of the most common injuries known to accompany accidents include:
- Not only are they common, head and brain injuries are also one of the most debilitating types of injuries. Whether caused by a blow or bump to the head, these injuries can result in difficulty with memory, mood swings, and trouble with balance.
- Back and neck injuries are often accompanied by substantial pain as well as impaired mobility.
- Broken and fractured bones can take various forms and range from everything between hairline fractures to complete breaks.
- Muscle strains, as well as sprains and tears, are a common type of injury. These impairments often require long recovery times and can substantially impair a person from engaging in daily living activities.
- While some cuts are minor, other lacerations jeopardize a person’s health and can even necessitate an amputation.
Even small accidents can result in life-changing injuries that substantially impact a person’s health and quality of life. One of the best ways to take control of your recovery is to seek a medical evaluation as soon as possible after an accident. While many people are filled with adrenaline after accidents and have a difficult time assessing their injuries, it is still important to receive a screening even if you do not believe your injuries are serious.
Speak with a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Lawyer
The victims of personal injury accidents are left facing various complications including lost wages, medical bills, emotional suffering, and other hardships. One of the best steps that victims can take to obtain the compensation they deserve is to speak with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. Contact Kruger & Hodges today for assistance with personal injury cases in Liberty Township, Ohio.