150+ 5 Star Google Reviews
closeup of vehicle tire

Circleville Ohio Uninsured Motorist Coverage

As you’re driving along US 23 or enjoying some time with your family on North Court Street, you may not think much about what other people are doing on the roadways with you. Yet, accidents occur, and sometimes they can have very devastating results. The problem is many people don’t realize the other driver may not have any insurance or not enough insurance to cover your losses. When that happens, what are your rights? It helps to know about Ohio’s uninsured motorist coverage and your rights in this area of the law.

If you’ve been a victim of an accident like this, we highly encourage you to make Kruger & Hodges Attorneys at Law your first call. We’re happy to guide you and protect your rights.

What Is Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

Under Ohio law, all drivers are required to carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. This includes the following rules:

  • $25,000 per person and $50,00 per accident in minimum uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage
  • $25,000 per accident of uninsured motorist property damage coverage
  • $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident in underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
  • $25,000 per accident in underinsured motorist property damage coverage 

To be clear, this is a type of car insurance you, as the vehicle owner, purchase. It helps to protect you when you are hit by, or otherwise, the victim of, an accident someone else causes, but they lack enough insurance protection to pay for your losses. All drivers should maintain this coverage since there is no way to know if another person on the road with you has adequate car insurance.

The requirement of Ohio uninsured motorist coverage is a tool to protect you. It does not cover the other driver that caused the accident. However, it can prove to be vitally important when you’re suffering from thousands of dollars in losses caused by someone else.

What Should You Do if You’re the Victim and the Other Party Doesn’t Have Insurance?

Let’s say you are in a car accident with a person along Route 23. You pull over and have vehicle damage, injuries to your arm or leg, and lots of pain. Your first step is to contact 911 to report what’s occurred so medical services can be sent to your location. 

After this occurs, you’ll need to document the incident with the police ensuring that they understand what occurred, how it happened, and who was at fault. Be sure to include any information you have about the way the driver was behaving before the accident or what you saw occur. Be honest and upfront but don’t admit any fault in the case.

Once you do this, call our team. You’ll quickly find out that your medical bills are growing, and there’s no insurance available to pay for those losses. Our attorneys will work closely with you to pursue legal action under Ohio uninsured motorist coverage to help protect you. 

Should You File a Claim with Your Insurance Provider?

Because the other party does not have enough or any car insurance to cover your losses, your uninsured and underinsured insurance policy will begin working for you. It sounds like an easy solution. You may think all you need to do is to file a claim with your insurance company, and they’ll cover the costs. It’s rarely that easy.

Insurance companies will:

  • Want to try to track down who is responsible for the losses and make them pay
  • Settle for the lowest possible amount they can get you to agree to
  • Push you to settle quickly even before you know the full extent of your losses
  • Encourage you to take action right now to avoid losing the claim
  • Try to reduce any claims you make 

Did you know that insurance companies may even turn to your social media to show that you are okay or that you do not have significant injuries from the posts you make there? Keep it to yourself and share what’s occurred with your team at Kruger & Hodges Attorneys at Law. Our goal is to determine what you’ve lost and then fight for compensation to cover those costs. 

How and When to File a Claim for Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Ohio

How do you get the financial compensation owed to you? Before you file a claim with your insurance company, contact Kruger & Hodges Attorneys at Law. Our team can help you with this entire process. That includes:

  • Gathering information on what occurred to prove you did not cause this to occur
  • Determine what all of your losses are, including for lost time at work, medical bills, and pain and suffering
  • Estimate how much you may need for future care needs thanks to the long-term limitations you may have due to the accident
  • Create a claim and file it with your insurance company that’s accurate and comprehensive, making it hard for them to refute it
  • Negotiate with your insurance company to ensure you get enough to cover your losses

Most people in a car accident have losses such as medical bills, pain and suffering, lost time at work, and lost property. We’ll take all of that information into consideration as we fight for your right to compensation. 

How Kruger & Hodges Attorneys at Law Can Help You

Kruger & Hodges Attorneys at Law will work with you to ensure those who are responsible pay for your losses, including your insurance company. Our goal is to get you the financial compensation you need to make up for this damage. Expect us to work very hard to achieve that.

Take the time right now to contact us. We can set up a free case evaluation to discuss your case. We’ll help you learn what compensation the insurance companies owe to you. Then, we’ll work with you to pursue those losses through claims, settlements, negotiations, and even in court if we need to do so. There’s no harm in calling us now to learn more about your rights.

Tell Us About Your Case

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.