Greenville, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury claims and lawsuits can include a variety of different types of injuries, but when it comes to the cause, these cases are most often caused by another party’s negligence. Suffering from a personal injury can change your life. As a victim, you are likely dealing with outrageous medical bills, having to take time off work for recovery, possibly losing a job, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. These things can have a lasting impact on your life as a whole.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injuries can be caused by a variety of factors, but there are a few types of accidents and incidents that are most common in Ohio.
- Car Accidents. Of course, car accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury cases. In 2020, there were over 10,000 car crashes investigated in Ohio alone. Personal injury claims from car crashes can include crashes that involve two or more vehicles, or when a vehicle hits a pedestrian or a bicyclist.
- Boating Accidents. During the summer, we Ohioans love to get out on our boats, and boating accident claims happen more often than most would think. Boating accidents can be caused by operator error or boating under the influence.
- Dog Bites. Dog bites are another type of personal injury incident that occur unfortunately often. While the dog is never at fault in the case of a dog bite, the owner or whoever had responsibility for the dog at the time can be held liable for damages.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycle accidents are another type of vehicle accident that is common and deadly in Ohio. When motorcycle accidents happen because of a negligent motorist, the lack of protection offered by a motorcycle can often result in severe injury and death for the motorcyclist.
- Truck Accidents. Another type of automobile accident that often causes personal injury claims are accidents involving a semi and a smaller vehicle. These types of claims can get complicated, as semi-truck drivers are often working for a company and so that company will be involved in the claim. Semi-truck accidents can also be particularly severe and deadly, especially if the driver of the semi was not paying attention or driving recklessly.
- On-Site Accidents. A type of liability claim that many are not familiar with is the premises liability claim. This is a claim that happens when a personal injury occurs on someone else’s property. This type of claim could include slip and fall accidents, trip accidents, or dog bites, among other issues.
- Medical Malpractice. Medical malpractice claims happen when a patient is injured while under the care of a physician, and the physician acted in a negligent way to cause that injury. Medical malpractice claims are common, but can be another claim that is difficult to navigate because of the amount of investigation involved. It must be proven that the physician was acting without a reasonable degree of care, competence, and skill.
The Types of Personal Injuries
The various types of injuries that can be incurred from any of these accidents are many. The injuries may also range from minor, non-life-threatening injuries to serious personal injuries that may impact the injured person severely for the rest of their life. In many instances, these injuries can even result in death for the person who was involved.
For instance, spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries can happen easily in automobile and motorcycle accidents, sometimes severe enough to cause paralysis or permanent brain damage. Broken bones and muscle injuries or strains can happen in any type of accident and can vary in severity. Torn ligaments or tendons may be involved. Whiplash or other types of neck injuries are often present when a person has been in an automobile accident. Scarring, disfiguration, and surface injuries to the skin are common in many accidents, as well.
Have You Suffered From a Personal Injury in Greenville?
If you have suffered from a personal injury in the Greenville, Ohio area, please do not suffer in silence and hope that things will resolve themselves. Instead, it is important to secure a trusted personal injury lawyer on your side, to help ensure you are fully compensated for all of your losses. If you or a loved one has suffered from personal injury, then our team of personal injury lawyers is what you need to make sure that all of the bases are covered for you. At Kruger & Hodges, our personal injury lawyers can help you. To schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us today.