Liberty Township Car Accident Attorney
Liberty Township might not be the largest of the 13 townships in Ohio’s Butler County, but it still has a large population and sees many car accidents each year. Among the deadly 14 OVI-related accidents that occurred in Butler County in 2018, several of these accidents occurred on Interstate 75 in or near Liberty Township. The victims of these accidents were left with large medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and other financial hardships.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Liberty Township
Whether it is head-on collisions or sideswipes, car accidents occur in a number of ways, and each can have devastating consequences. While some accidents result in cuts and lacerations, others result in fatalities. Collisions occur not just between cars but can involve other vehicles like motorcycles, trucks, bicycles, and even pedestrians.
Some of the most common types of accidents that residents of Liberty Township encounter include:
- Head-on collisions. These often deadly accidents involve two vehicles that are traveling in opposite directions. These collisions might involve a motorist who recklessly crosses over the centerline of the road. Due to the substantial force of the vehicles involved, these accidents often result in devastating injuries and fatalities.
- Multiple vehicle accidents. These accidents occur when more than two vehicles are involved in a collision. While these accidents tend to occur on heavily traveled roads, they can occur anywhere in Ohio. Often, multiple vehicle accidents occur because one motorist makes a mistake and the drivers around them are not able to react in time.
- Rear-end collisions. Many times when the front end of one vehicle strikes the rear of another, drivers are either not paying adequate attention or are recklessly operating vehicles. Many factors, including the speed of the vehicles, influence the severity of these collisions.
- Single-vehicle accidents. Contrary to popular belief, not all accidents involve more than one driver. Instead, the operators of single vehicles can strike pedestrians or stationary objects like telephone poles or mailboxes. Pedestrians who are struck by cars frequently end up facing catastrophic injuries because they are not surrounded by as much protection at the time of a collision as motorists. Intoxicated and distracted driving is responsible for many single-vehicle accidents in Ohio.
- Side-impact collisions. These accidents often occur when vehicles are turning left into approaching traffic. While they are referred to as side-impact collisions, these accidents are also sometimes referred to as “t-bones” or broadside collisions. The consequences of these accidents are often devastating because the sides of vehicles are not as well protected as the front or rear.
While each car accident is unique, many leave the victims facing substantial financial burdens as well as accompanying emotional trauma.
Common Causes of Ohio Car Accidents
While many types of car accidents can occur in Liberty Township, there are just as many reasons why these accidents happen. A driver is said to have negligently caused an accident when that driver could have prevented the collision if they had responded more competently and responsibly. Some of the factors that result in Ohio car accidents include:
- Aggressive driving. Motorists who tailgate or weave through traffic greatly decrease their chances of ending up in an accident. While there is never a good reason for aggressive driving, sometimes emotions get the best of people.
- Distracted driving. Motorists who perform multiple tasks while on the road prevent themselves from paying adequate attention to the control of their vehicle as well as the surrounding conditions. Some of the most common types of distractions include texting, talking the cell phone, eating, reaching for something in the vehicle, and fiddling with the radio while driving. Even if a driver’s attention is diverted from the road for just a few moments, the chances of ending up in a serious accident increase substantially.
- Driving while intoxicated. When people operate vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they compromise their ability to safely operate their vehicles and greatly increase the risk of an accident.
- Ignoring traffic laws. Drivers who speed, disobey traffic signs, or run red lights can end up in deadly accidents. While most motorists follow traffic regulations, they do not anticipate that others on the road will not, and as a result, there is often little these motorists can do to avoid ending up in an accident.
Speak with an Experienced Liberty Township Ohio Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Liberty Township, Ohio, you should not hesitate to speak with a skilled car accident lawyer. Contact Kruger & Hodges today to schedule a free case evaluation.